Get Funding For Conferences
The Tennessee Beginning Farmer Development Program awards travel scholarships to assist new and beginning farmers in attending appropriate conferences (Pick Tennessee Conference, Southern Sustainable Agriculture Working Group (SSAWG) Conference, and others as determined by the lead co-principal investigators on the project).
Priority will be given to farmers who are currently participating, have recently graduated from, or who are good candidates for participating in the University of Tennessee-Tennessee State University Extension new and beginning farmers training program. Funds are made possible by a grant from USDA National Institute of Food and Agriculture (NIFA).
· Scholarships are limited to $500 per awardee; awardees must attend any sessions sponsored by our training and fully participate in conference activities to obtain these funds.
· The application for reimbursement will be provided on-site subject to meeting these criteria. (If application is approved-farmers must pay first and will be reimbursed after scholarship approval)
· Applications are due JANUARY 22nd, 2018
· Only one member of a farm family or farming operation can receive the award.
· Only one travel scholarship will be awarded by the Tennessee Beginning Farmer Development Program per calendar year per farm family or farming operation.
Pick Tennessee Conference Information:
Pick Tennessee Conference, Feb 15-17 in Chattanooga:
· Registration $125 through Feb 5; late registration $175
Please forward this information to interested famers and small producers! Please do not post of social media outlets at this time! Thanks!
Karla Kean, Extension Agent III
Horticulturist/ISA Certified Arborist
UT-TSU Montgomery County Extension
1030 Cumberland Heights Road
Clarksville, TN 37040
email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org