HIRING: Contract Events Coordinator at NFP
The Nashville Food Project Mission Statement
Bringing people together to grow, cook and share nourishing food, with the goals of cultivating community and alleviating hunger in our city.
Contract Events Coordinator Position Summary
The Nashville Food Project seeks to hire a Contract Events Coordinator to support the Marketing and Events Manager, as part of the Development and Marketing team, in planning and hosting two key fundraising events this fall.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
• Adhere to an events timeline and budget, supporting sourcing and management of vendors, suppliers and talent
• Support applications for licenses and permits
• Assist with promotion
• Help ensure events run smoothly, troubleshooting as needed
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES AND EXPERIENCE
• Creative problem solver
• Ability to manage multiple tasks at once
• Excellent organizational, interpersonal, time management and detail-oriented skills
• Respect for and attention to diversity
• Events and/or catering experience preferred
• Experience with Eventbrite, Squarespace, Mailchimp and social media a plus
This is a part time contract position of 5-15 hours per week from June-October. The position will report to the Marketing and Events Manager. Some evening and weekend work will be required.
Compensation for this position is $20 per hour.
The Nashville Food Project does not discriminate against any applicant for employment because of age, race, religion, color, handicap, sex, physical condition, developmental disability, sexual orientation or national origin.
To apply, we’re asking that applicants send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com before Wednesday, May 19th.