HIRING: Farm Cultivation Team Member at Southhall
Southall is a premier destination bringing nature, produce and people together in a powerful and unique way. Southall will be the realization of a vision decades in the making. A place where the land and its people honor the traditions of Southern hospitality. A farm, inn and spa rooted in sustainability, abundance and luxury. Nestled in the rolling hills outside Historic Franklin, Tennessee, 25 miles from Nashville, a 325-acre farm is being transformed into a world-class destination dedicated to the circle of life. Here, history will meet innovation, the earth will feed the kitchen, and the experience will nurture the soul.
Position: Farm Cultivation Team Member
Job Type: Part Time and Full Time available
Reports To: Farm Manager
The position of Farm Cultivation Team Member at Southall Farms will be both rewarding and challenging. The cultivation team is the engine of the train and will complete an array of farm tasks from seeding, maintaining, and harvesting vegetables in our 1.5+/-acre market garden style farm. Team members will seed and assist in the greenhouse, shape / amend beds in the garden and high tunnel, facilitate the growth of plants by weeding, trellising and harvesting, and clean and properly store the produce in the wash station.
In a rotation, members of the cultivation team will also be asked to complete livestock chores which consists of an 80-bird laying flock.
· The job will also require lifting of objects 50 lbs. multiple times per day.
· Parts of job require a serious degree of physical effort.
· Members of the field crew will be asked to be outside rain or shine completing tasks and must be able to work low to the ground for multiple hours a day.
· Interest in working in a diversified vegetable operation
· Ability to stay focused and efficient without supervision
Skills and Experience:
· Valid driver’s license
· 1+ Season of farming preferred
· High school diploma or equivalent.
Resumes/inquiries can be submitted to email@example.com