HIRING: West Glow Farm
West Glow Farm at Dunvegan is a place where we celebrate the interconnectedness of land and water, soil and crop, animal and human. We aim to build a thriving ecosystem in which each member is honored for its divine purpose. We are a gathering place for community, a haven in harmony with nature. Our regenerative farming practices create healthy soil and resurrect new life on this land. We feed our community delicious and nutritious food and hope that all who visit West Glow Farm will leave encouraged, nourished and inspired.
West Glow Farm is looking for :
WGF is looking for a vegetable farmer to join our Certified Naturally Grown Kingston Springs Farm Team. The ideal candidate will be responsible for the vegetable operation at WGF. The person we hire must be committed to locally sourced, sustainably grown food. We are looking for a dedicated individual who will present the enthusiasm and commitment to building a sustainable farm system at West Glow! Contact Marybritton Cummings at 615-243-0204
● Full management of vegetable operation from starting seed to harvest.Including all cultivation, irrigation, crop rotation, record keeping for CNG standards, composting,
● Ordering all supplies for vegetable operation including post harvest handling and overall maintenance. Including but not limited to seed, egg cartons, bags, tools
● Animal husbandry tasks include care of chicken flock. Moving portable electric fence, feeding, gathering and preparing eggs or market sales.
● Candidate is point person for community volunteers and farm tours.
● Position is open and the ideal candidate would be ready to begin in January 2023.
● WGF is looking for an experienced farmer with 4-5 years of prior farm experience.
● Ideal farmer would be detail oriented, well organized, have basic knowledge of soil
health and crop rotations, a willingness to work with grass based livestock, and a desire to grow with West Glow Farm.
● West Glow Farm would want our farmer to understand the workflow, not just in one day
or week, but over the course of a full year. We expect the WGF farmer might work from dawn until dusk in the peak summer hours and take advantage of the longer nights and shorter days of the winter months to have a much needed slow down. Paid vacation and personal days are included.
● We are offering a full year contract with quarterly reviews.
● The WGF Farmer will have access to a 5 acre bottom land. This includes approximately
2.5 acres of intensively managed garden beds, 2 16 by 48 hoop houses,BCS walk
behind tractor, produce handling facility and a utv for farm use.
● West Glow Farm is committed to our farmer’s success. We will provide a salary package
that is appropriate for the candidate’s experience and can include on farm housing. Please include 2 references along with your application!
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.