MEETING: Mid TN Growers – Monday, March 28, 2022
Here we go again – at last! Please join us at a get-together to gain a little sense of community among small/sustainable farmers and friends-of-farmers in Middle Tennessee.
The Ninth Annual Mid TN Growers Gathering will be Monday, March 28, 2022 from 9:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m. Sylvia Ganier of Green Door Gourmet Farm has – again – offered to graciously host us at 7011 River Road Pike, Nashville, TN 37209 (one mile off Charlotte Pike), Phone: (615) 942-8079, firstname.lastname@example.org. Details on the agenda, speakers, and meal (with vegetarian options) are forthcoming. After feeding many farm enthusiasts in the past, we will again suggest a small donation ($5.00, but not mandatory) to help offset our meal expenses. But, we will guarantee the meal will be a wonderful entree, a vegetarian entree, and sustainable vegetables (and maybe some organic blueberry dessert something!).
Please RSVP to me, John Patrick, (email@example.com) by March 23 so I can assist Sylvia and others to plan accordingly. There is no registration fee.
Please inform me what agenda topics interest you, and in what order. The agenda will be participant-driven, and will be sent approximately one week before the gathering. But, here are some tentative topics:
- 9:00 a.m. Welcome by Sylvia
- 9:05 a.m. Approval of tentative agenda
- PickTN conference February 17-19, Franklin TN (Amy Tavalin)
- The downtown Nashville Farmers Market in 2018 (Brenda Butka)
- Other Nashville Farmers markets operating in 2016 (group discussion)
- CSA offerings this year (group)
- Agrihood forming
- Communication among us (Facebook, WordPress, others…) – categories, interest groups, informational centers, event calendar board, others…(Dana Deloca and YOU!). Last year, farmers sold some equipment and produce very quickly through our websites!
- Second Harvest, Nashville Food Project, and other food-related entities
- Nashville Composting update (Seema Prasad of Miels Restaurant)
- Farm to School opportunities
- TN Extension Service updates
- Food Hubs and/or food coops in Mid TN (Alan Powell)
- 11:30 a.m. Lunch (People can break out into smaller lunch groups for networking, for instance: what collaborative efforts can we initiate, what kind of organized future and actions are next, others…?)
- 12:15 p.m. Return to group session, and file ideas thoughts and opinions folks have discussed during lunch
- Climate smart agriculture
- Other topics….
- 1:00 p.m. End – attendees are welcome to mingle and converse with others afterwards.
- Look forward to hearing from you and seeing you there! Please send this notice to other interested farmers and friends.
As always, THANKS!